London Enterprise Academy will provide school places for young people aged 11-16 and is committed to a straightforward, open, fair and transparent admissions arrangement.
Primarily, children with a statement of special educational need naming the Academy will be offered a place, unless there are particular reasons why the Academy is unable to do so. The place will be provided in the appropriate band.
A quarter of the total places available will be allocated to each of the four bands. If any of these are oversubscribed in any band, the admission criteria below will be used (in descending order of priority) to allocate places.
- Children looked after by the local authority including adopted children who were previously looked after and children who leave care under a special guardianship or residence order;
- Children who have a strong medical or social reason to attend the school. This can include the parents’, carers’ or other family members’ medical conditions and the family’s social needs.
- Children who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children of London Enterprise Academy staff (teaching or support) who have been employed at the school for two or more years at the time the application for admission is made, and or children of a member of staff recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children who live nearest to London Enterprise Academy by the shortest walking route.
For further details of the admissions process and criteria please contact:
Tower Hamlets Local Authority Pupil Admissions Team
5 Clove Crescent,
Tel: 020 7364 5006 or