London Enterprise Academy will provide school places for young people aged 11-16 and is committed to a straightforward, open, fair and transparent admissions arrangement. All applicants are required to complete a common application form (CAF), available from:
Tower Hamlets Local Authority Pupil Admissions Team,
5 Clove Crescent,
Tel: 020 7364 5006 or
Full details of the application process are available in Tower Hamlets brochure, “Ready for Secondary Schools in Tower Hamlets 2019″.
London Enterprise Academy will adopt the Local Authority’s policy of banding to ensure that it takes an even balance of children in different ability ranges. The available 120 places per year are divided equally across the four bands of ability. Therefore 30 children from each band will be admitted according to the criteria set out below.
A quarter of the total places available will be allocated to each of the four bands. If any of these are oversubscribed in any band, the admission criteria below will be used (in descending order of priority) to allocate places.
- Children looked after by the local authority including adopted children who were previously looked after and children who leave care under a special guardianship or residence order;
- Children who have a strong medical or social reason to attend the school. This can include the parents’, carers’ or other family members’ medical conditions and the family’s social needs.
- Children who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children of London Enterprise Academy staff (teaching or support) who have been employed at the school for two or more years at the time the application for admission is made, and or children of a member of staff recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children who live nearest to London Enterprise Academy by the shortest walking route.
For more information about the banding process, please refer to the Local Authority’s “Ready for Secondary Schools in Tower Hamlets″ brochure.