Key Stage 4
Pupils follow the AQA 9-1 specification.
They will cover units that develop their understanding of the use of research methods by sociologists to investigate topics including: family, crime, education and social stratification.
Below is a brief overview of each topic -
• Types of families in the UK and beyond
• Functions of families
• Changing role of the family
• What causes crime
• What causes deviant behaviour
• Role of the media
• Theories of crime
• Theories of education
• Factors which affect educational achievement
• The different views of social class
If you have any questions or concerns, then please contact Mrs F Alanezi (Teacher of Sociology)